The Credit Controller – Spanish Language Speaker role is based within HSBC Invoice Finance.
The role of the Credit Controller - Spanish Language Speaker is to provide an excellent sales ledger management service to our Clients by handling all debt collection activity and minimising the risks of losses for our Clients and for HSBC Invoice Finance through accurate use of various risk tools and through attention to detail when managing ledgers.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line Business Development Manager (BDMs).
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry's most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Adopt global initiatives and practices within a GTRF Client Services team that enable globally consistent, yet locally competitive, segmented service experience for clients and the clients' customers
· Work with GTRF Services Managers across sites to deliver globally connected service experience that is aligned with the GTRF Services target operating model
· Support a Client Services team in the development and execution of a high quality client-centric service culture that delivers superior post-sales support
· Support a Client Services team within the operating budgets for the country and track performance of team against Performance Scorecards and Dashboards
· Ensure strategic alignment with Global and Country imperatives
· Support a team to drive the consistent implementation and execution of client services global and local best practices
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Providing support and guidance to the Department, Region on areas of improvement, concern with regard to Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), Regulatory and BQAP controls
· Act as a Services champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within Commercial Banking (CMB) & Commercial Banking (GBM)
· Establish metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC's competitor offerings and performance in comparison to HSBC
· Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions
· Ensure that GTRF Services is responsive to the requirements and expectations of the Global Businesses
· Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
· Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
· Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
· Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together
· Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
· Continuously monitor and gather information from appropriate sources to assess potential impacts and identify risks, necessary changes and business opportunities
· Apply GTRF policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.