Consumer Operations Portfolio Architect, Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Consumer Operations Portfolio Architect
The Consumer Operations Portfolio Architect takes responsibility for delivery of a number of global architecture activities. The job holder leads the shaping, design and development of architectures, which are aligned with group standards, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls. The Consumer Operations Portfolio Architect is responsible for participating in and assuring the operation of the global practice of architecture within Operations & Shared Services.
Our Consumer Operations Portfolio focusses on delivering to our Operations 2020 strategy that sees us significantly improve operational efficiencies across the organisation by improving identified end to end customer journeys and reducing Operational headcount through deployment of an appropriate mix of integrated IT systems (Straight Through Processing where posisble), automation technologies and AI/ML.
The role involves shaping these initiatives, ensuring that relevant standards, products and guidelines are met in terms of approach to process transformation and automation.
The job holder will work with the Consumer Operations IT and Business team along with RBWM and Digital business and IT colleagues to design, agree and support the project managers to deliver the allocated portfolio of work.
As part of the OSS Architecture Team, the job holder will also ensure that architectural direction is consistent across OSS and the wider Group through constant and effective engagement with architecture colleagues.
In this role, you will:
· Budget control: This role will have no budget responsibility.
· Commercial Influence: This role will have influence over the total technology budget within the Operations 2020 portfolio with specific interest in the Consumer domain.
· Line management: This job may have line management responsibility.
· Functional management: This job may have functional management responsibility.
· Relationships: Business Change leads, Managers & Architects; IT Domain Leads; Information Security Risk Managers.
· Strategic importance – Medium: Influential in the continued development of change portfolio and architecture strategy & standards.
· Regulatory & risk – C/D - Identifies risks against defined architecture standards, drives implementation in architecture design & promotes good practice