Contract: 12 months
Business: Asset Management
New or Existing Role: Existing
· RFP is a global function within Global Client Strategy. The RFP function is responsible for completion of RFPs and RFIs for institutional and wholesale clients and external consusltant databases to support the sale of AMG investment services globally.
· This role will support the global RFP head, regional RFP teams and Group Consultant Relations in maintaining consultant databases and in collating and analysing data requests.
· The role will also support the oversight and analysis of management information for the RFP function, including the production of analysis of database search results.
Impact on Business
· Maintain quantitative and qualitative information consultant databases.
· Maintain and develop management information and reporting.
· Provide analytical and data support.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Support colleague and stakeholders.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Collaborate cross-border and cross-team with colleagues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Protect HSBC’s reputation and minimizes risk.
· Ensuring accurate, high quality and consistent updating of multiple consultant databases.
· Deadline-driven environment, including updating of databases when new content is available, when management information is due and when ongoing and ad hoc data analysis / support is required.
· Working with colleagues in different AMG offices, teams and time zones.
· Managing what can be done centrally with data vs. what needs to be coordinated with regional RFP teams.
· Ensuring quality control of both quantitative and qualitative information.
· Balancing support needs for different stakeholders, namely regional RFP teams, Global Consultant Relations in each region, product specialists and Global Head of RFP.
· To facilitate centralization and global coordination of consultant database maintenance and data / analysis support for the RFP function and for Global Consultant Relations.
· To increase the effectiveness of the RFP function by improving the quality and efficiency of consultant database and data support.
· To increase the effectiveness of the RFP function through the production of management information to assess activity and performance and provide a basis for dialogue with other functions such as Product and Sales.
· External consultant databases – centralized support for around 90 strategies on around 30 consultant databases, with a focus on global databases and ‘hot’ strategies.
· Management information – oversight and enhancement, including regional WIP files and weekly and monthly/quarterly reporting.
· Business intelligence – production of analysis and using database analytical tools to improve effectiveness in searches by capturing market trends.
· Data management – lead collaboration with colleagues regarding the development of data tools and data quality improvement, e.g. headcount / bios, performance and fund data.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
o Detailed understanding of third party consultant databases such as eVestment, Mercer GIMD/MPA, CAMRA and Cambridge Associates. Alternatively, the ability to quickly develop an understanding based on other relevant experience.
o Minimum of 2 years database administration experience at an asset management company or consultancy, or other relevant experience.
o Good understanding of consultant and client requirements in regard to databases and investments with the ability to manage content based on this.
o Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, including complex spreadsheet development and reporting using macros and / or tools such as VBA.
o Good understanding of institutional reporting standards (the Global Investment Performance Standards).
o Excellent written and spoken English.
o Strong communication skills and ability to work with colleagues remotely.
o Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
o Attention to detail, well organized and the ability to multi-task.
o Ability to manage large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information.
o Commitment to high quality work standards when faced with both time and stakeholder pressures.
o University degree (especially with numerical or financial content) or IMC is preferred, but is not essential.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.