Role Title: Consultant Database and Analytics Manager
Contract: 12 months
Business: Asset Management
New or Existing Role: Existing
· RFP is a global function within Global Client Strategy. The RFP function is responsible for completion of RFPs and RFIs for institutional and wholesale clients and external consusltant databases to support the sale of AMG investment services globally.
· This role will support the global RFP head, regional RFP teams and Group Consultant Relations in maintaining consultant databases and in collating and analysing data requests.
· The role will also support the oversight and analysis of management information for the RFP function, including the production of analysis of database search results.
Impact on Business
· Maintain quantitative and qualitative information consultant databases.
· Maintain and develop management information and reporting.
· Provide analytical and data support.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Support colleague and stakeholders.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Collaborate cross-border and cross-team with colleagues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Protect HSBC’s reputation and minimizes risk.
· Ensuring accurate, high quality and consistent updating of multiple consultant databases.
· Deadline-driven environment, including updating of databases when new content is available, when management information is due and when ongoing and ad hoc data analysis / support is required.
· Working with colleagues in different AMG offices, teams and time zones.
· Managing what can be done centrally with data vs. what needs to be coordinated with regional RFP teams.
· Ensuring quality control of both quantitative and qualitative information.
· Balancing support needs for different stakeholders, namely regional RFP teams, Global Consultant Relations in each region, product specialists and Global Head of RFP.
· To facilitate centralization and global coordination of consultant database maintenance and data / analysis support for the RFP function and for Global Consultant Relations.
· To increase the effectiveness of the RFP function by improving the quality and efficiency of consultant database and data support.
· To increase the effectiveness of the RFP function through the production of management information to assess activity and performance and provide a basis for dialogue with other functions such as Product and Sales.
· External consultant databases – centralized support for around 90 strategies on around 30 consultant databases, with a focus on global databases and ‘hot’ strategies.
· Management information – oversight and enhancement, including regional WIP files and weekly and monthly/quarterly reporting.
· Business intelligence – production of analysis and using database analytical tools to improve effectiveness in searches by capturing market trends.
· Data management – lead collaboration with colleagues regarding the development of data tools and data quality improvement, e.g. headcount / bios, performance and fund data.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.