Description de l'offre
Role Title: CMB Lead Data Architect
Business: Information Technology
New or Existing Role: New
· CMB IT is the technology organization that provides banking services to corporate and commercial banking clients. It provides a comprehensive set of capabilities that cover the global need of our clients.
· Global commercial banking has started the transformation journey 3 years ago, and is now entering a significant investment cycle to fundamentally transform our platforms. This will provide our customers and our staff with industry leading platforms with open architecture design, API and micro services, data insight / Machine Learning, and will operate on Cloud where possible. We'll also use latest technology, data insight, and tool set to support the significant growth ambition of the commercial bank. The role consists of the major components:-
· Working with the CDO and central data architecture Lead the definition of the overall data architecture and strategy for commercial banking
· Accountable for the delivery of all aspects of the design and material decision making on major architectural activities supporting CMB data activities
· Head the development and management of a federated team of data architects
· Lead a global engineering team developing data standards principles policies and best practice
· Responsible for data to day direction of data architecture activities within CMB
· Drive the adoption of the new data technologies being introduced into the CMB IT landscape and build the engineering team needed for successful delivery and support of CMB programs.
· CMB are introducing a new core architecture based on modern technologies such as cloud and big data. A significant part of the role with be to up skill the engineering team to deliver the portfolio of change on the new technology platform
· Demonstrates excellent situational awareness and ability to appropriately react to a changing landscape
· Performance driven nature and excellent problem solving capability
· Ability to form and enthuse topical communities.
· Experience of large changes programs and transformation of legacy system to modern architectures
· Ability to understand and further explain complex technical concepts in a simple and concise manner
· Strong experience of working with stakeholders across multiple disciplines; business, analysts, product owners, testing teams and wider technical stakeholders.
· Strong functional and product knowledge of Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence capabilities and technologies.
· Strong understanding of traditional relational and NoSQL databsse technololgies
· Expericne of developeing staregis aorund data buesses, data streamign and oepratioinal data stores
· Experience of MDM trechnolgies and reference data staregies
· Exoerencie of data lifecylce management and data masking/virtualization
· Experience of working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed organization (including matrix management structure and across time zones).
· Strong background in cloud technologies solutions and specifically data related technologies in this area
· An influential thought leader with extensive experience of working within a data function that actively defines strategy and functionality to be implemented on both new and existing systems / components.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the power and value of data with an ability to apply technology solutions to meet business needs and deliver organizational strategy.
· Strong relationship management capabilities with an ability to engage, influence and collaborate with stakeholders across organizational boundaries enabling the delivery of high standard outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to work in line with HSBC standards including acting with integrity and ethically.
· Embracing Change & Innovation - A track record of delivering change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways.
· Achieving Excellence - Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
· Leading Self & Others - Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver.
· Communicating and Influencing - Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
· Building Trusting Relationships - Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively.
· Making the Right Business Decisions - A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
· Managing Customer Relationships - Acted as a strategic advisor to customers, having established and built valuable long-term relationships with significant customers.
· Desirable Experience and Skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Financial Services industry including industry trends, competitive pressures, product and service offerings and organisational operating models.
· TOGAF (or alternate Architecture framework) certification
· Experience of using Agile and DevOps methodologies
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.