Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
This role sits within the newly formed Digital Cloud Services function. This function is driving innovation across the bank through the use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud offerings. The team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operational support of AWS services for the HSBC Digital business.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Cloud Engineer.
SRE engineering is an exciting new discipline in HSBC. The role of the SRE / Cloud engineer is to develop automated processes and tools to provide operational AWS support to the Digital teams. The Engineers are responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of their services. They will interact with Application DevOps teams and Cloud DevOps engineers to manage both production and non-production environments. The engineers will codify solutions to ensure cloud environments remain in a ‘compliant’ state against approved security and compliance patterns.
In this role, you will be:
· Monitoring Digital Cloud infrastructure components and pro-actively taking preventative actions where issues are identified
· Developing automation to minimise manual operational activities
· Providing 2 nd /3 rd line incident management support for Cloud infrastructure
· Supporting infrastructure incident investigations and pro-actively putting in place systems, controls to minimise likelihood of future incidents
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Prior experience of working in an infrastructure SRE or SysOps role for Cloud environments (ideally Amazon Web Services)
· Experience of supporting infrastructure transition from Development to Production
· Experience of Amazon Web Services - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of AWS services including EC2, Lambda, S3, databases (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB) and VPC configurations
· Expertise in Server administration (either Linux or Windows) and Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.)
· Experience of working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack)
· Have strong customer, stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Cloud Services, Application DevOps, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
· Linux Certification
· Windows Server Certification
· AWS Certifications - Technical Essentials
· Experience of working with Kubernetes
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.