Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Working with the UK Head of Strategy and Planning to deliver projects that consider the strategic direction of the Ring Fence Bank.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Business Support Assistant Manager
In this role, you will:
· Provide high quality email, diary management, travel services and administrative assistance to support Head of Strategy & Planning and Chief of Staff and other team members as necessary (e.g. HR process/admin, HR Desktop changes, maintenance of holiday list, Fusion orders/expenses)
· Arranging appointments and handling general enquiries from internal and external clients
· Organisation of regular team meetings, 1:1 off sites and site visits
· Support with the provision of data to inform business decisions by the UK Management committee
· Supports the delivery of ad hoc projects to improve quality of strategic planning, MI, accountability and governance
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. 2 years of experience at administrative / secretarial level, office administration, general administration/Support function
· Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Outlook, Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with strong analytical skills
· Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently with high attention to detail, maintaining confidentiality and acting with high levels of discretion when required
· Good knowledge of the Business / experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Understanding of HSBC procedures, functions and activities
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with executive management, whilst part of a team
The base location for this role is Birmingham
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.