Description de l'offre
Role Title: AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
New or Existing Role: New
· The Cloud DevOps engineers will work within an agile team of Engineers and Operations personnel building highly resilient, scalable and performant AWS infrastructure in an automated and efficient manner. The DevOps engineers will work alongside the Application DevOps teams and cross-functional IT teams. The engineers will be required to use their initiative to innovate to achieve maximum performance and be prepared to investigate and use new products/services offered by AWS.
Responsibilities will include:
· Build and manage the HSBC AWS foundation platform to enable application deployments
· Engineer solutions on AWS foundation platform using Infrastructure As Code methods (e.g. Terraform)
· Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e.g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems, Containers)
· Consume centrally agreed base HSBC Hardened OS (Linux and Windows)
· Ensure compliance with centrally defined Security Standards
· Ensure compliancy with Operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
· Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
· Engineering activities to implement patches provided centrally
· Support non-functional testing
· Update support and operational documentation as required
· Fault find and support Applications teams
· Ensure good Change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards.
· Provide impact assessments where requested for changes proposed on HSBC AWS core platform
· On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24 x 7 coverage
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
· Experience of building a range of Services in AWS including EC2, S3, VPC, Lambda, Databases (e.g. DynamoDB)
· Expert understanding of DevOps principles and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
· Strong understanding of CI/CD and available tools
· Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
· Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
· Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively in an agile environment with DevOps application ‘pods' to provide AWS specific capability/skills required to deliver the service.
· Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security standards
· Risk management effectiveness
· Experienced in full automation and configuration management
· A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
· Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
· A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
· A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
· Demonstrable AWS experience - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Compute, Storage, VPC..
· Demonstrable experience of Linux administration and scripting preferably Red Hat
· Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools
· Experience working within an Agile environment
· Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
· Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.)
· Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
· AWS Certifications - ideally professional
· Linux Certification
· Windows Server Certification
· Experience operating in highly regulated industry, e.g. Financial Services
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.