Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
HSBC Commercial Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the Sydney team in the role of Associate/Senior Associate (depending on experience) in the high growth Middle Market Enterprises team (turnover range c.A $50m- $750m). You will be responsible for assisting relationship managers in building strong relationships with clients and the ongoing management of a customer portfolio. This is a multi-faceted role that requires candidates to have excellent time management skills to enable them to manage competing priorities, and the ability to collaborate with people at all levels including clients, peers, product specialists, industry specialists and credit risk managers. You will have an in-depth understanding of the international economic climate, conduct detailed credit risk and financial crime risk assessments, triage product sales opportunities, coordinate the product fulfilment and complete due diligence research for new business opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include
• Timely and accurate preparation of high quality credit applications for existing clients and new to bank opportunities. This includes, but not restricted to, debt financing, acquisition financing, working capital financing, syndicated financing, with a strong ability to undertake financial modelling and sensitivity analysis;
• Supporting relationship managers in identifying, escalating, and documenting new share of wallet opportunities through provision of new HSBC products and services;
• Developing and maintaining an understanding of customers' industry and associated markets;
• Ensuring a strong understanding and adherence to credit policies, financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance;
• Managing day-to-day administrative upkeep of an existing portfolio of clients and being clients' first point of contact;
• Harnessing efforts internally to deliver superior solutions and service outcomes to customers.
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in this role, you will bring
• Experience in commercial / institutional banking or Big 4 accounting firms;
• A degree in Finance, Business or Accountancy related disciplines - related post graduate qualifications such as CFA, CPA, MBA, or similar will be highly regarded;
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external parties;
• In-depth analytical skills, with a strong commercial orientation;
• Proven capability in writing comprehensive yet concise credit papers, with a high degree of accuracy and under time pressure;
• Excellent communication skills, high levels of motivation, commitment and a desire to succeed;
• To consistently meet and exceed customer expectations through superior customer service.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we will look to prioritise those candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. HSBCCSS