The Assistant Manager, Markets Regulatory Compliance, Credit Advisory role is based within Risk Management.
Global Markets is currently going through an unprecedented level of regulatory change and faces increasing EU and US requirements with extra territorial reach and regulatory scrutiny cross border. The Markets Regulatory Compliance team works closely with the business to provide technical compliance expertise and advisory support. This includes provision of compliance advice to the business on interpretation, implementation and risk-management.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Facilitate the management of compliance risk by those responsible for the conduct of the Group's business in Global Markets.
· Set policies and standards to cover compliance issues.
· Advise line management of the impact on the business of applicable laws, rules and regulations
· Conduct investigative work on specific issues, incidents or regulatory concerns as they arise as an integral element of a forward looking risk management framework
· Assist line management in the conduct of crisis management.
· Assist line management in fostering good relations with regulators.
· Escalate all material and significant breaches or potential breaches of regulations as soon as practicable to Markets Regulatory Compliance and business management.
· Global Markets Fixed Income business with primary focus on the Credit sales, trading, structuring and distribution desks.
· Further focus required also for other Global Market businesses as demand or need arises or as directed by the line manager or the Head of Markets Regulatory Compliance from time to time.
· Internal control groups including but not limited to Compliance Monitoring and Testing, Compliance Surveillance, Control Room, Operational Risk and Audit.
· Work collaboratively across peer group and organisation.
· Collaborate and foster good relations with the business, Compliance teams and departments.
· Must have appropriate interpersonal skills to be able to integrate into an existing close team.
· Must have a strong personality to be able to cope with the demands of facing the business in challenging situations
· Must be able and willing to identify and undertake the necessary actions to provide solutions needed to discharge effective compliance advice to the Fixed Income businesses
· Advise the business on the introduction of new products and services.
· Compliance coverage, support for the business line will reduce compliance, business and operational risk for the business area.
· Assist the business with the preparation of manuals and procedures (regulatory, compliance input only) as required.
· Identification and delivery of compliance training needs for the business.
· Participating in internal and external investigations into compliance related matters.