Discover a role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Risk aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Assistant Manager, FCC Escalations Team
In this role, you will:
• Support the Regional FCC Advisory Manager GBM Europe in the implementation of FCC strategy across the Region.
• Establish and maintain appropriate and effective FCC framework for the UK Non-Ring Fence Bank, working with all relevant stakeholders.
• Oversight of internal changes/amendments to AML Policy, Guidance, and Procedures in colaboration with other FCC or policy departments.
• Oversight of regulatory and industry updates/developments in relation to our internal AML Policy, Guidance, and Procedures.
• Direct involvement and/or support to countries in preparing and delivering on internal and external reviews, for example the Skilled Person Review.
• Build and maintain cross-colaboration with key stakeholders such as Sanctions, AB&C, FCTM
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· A strong understanding of JMLSG or equivalent local rules
· A good understanding of Global Banking and Markets related products.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure and within tight time-lines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to build and motivate the team
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Proven analytical skills
The base location for this role is Edinburgh
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.