Role Title: Assistant Business Manager I
Business: Region CIO- ASP
Role Purpose / Description:
HOST Information Technology provides technology solutions to support the global businesses and global functions in HSBC worldwide.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team in the role of Assistant Business Manager I
The Assistant Business Manager is responsible lead the resolution and support on the broad spectrum of undertakings within Regional IT COO remit. These include, but not limited to:
· Financial Control - Customer Charges, direct cost, accruals, etc.
· Resource Management – including headcount tracking, reporting, org design, and analysis
· Vendor management support – third party contract support and
· Process Improvement & Efficiency
· Project Management support
· MI, Metrics & Reporting
· People / Location Strategy
· Day to Day support activities in helping to run the operation
· Ad hoc requests
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications :
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience of working with diverse teams
· Proficiency in verbal and written English, especially proficient in email communication and reporting
· Self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision
· Proactive in problem solving and ability to investigate items in detail
· Must possess excellent attention to detail
· Logical and analytical thinking
· Working knowledge of accounting principles such as Capitalization and Amortization
· Strong customer focus and commitment to delivery; Excellent problem solving and User support skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver high quality results under tight schedule and high pressure
· In-depth understanding of GPDM, Clarity, Open Workbench, Cognos and other new Technology and financial management information systems
· Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge of basic Data Analysis is a plus
· Knowledge about software and development lifecycle
· Capability to handle multi-tasks and work under pressure
· Working in a global team with different cultures (preferred)
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.