Role Title: Analyst, Treasury Operations
New or Existing Role? Existing
· Operational unit charged with the responsibility to process and deliver to our client's value added activities. This includes, but is not restricted to, Securities Lending and Borrowing, Collateral Management, Exchange Traded Clearing, Contingent Trading, FX, Cash Sweeping, and Cash Forecasting.
· Maintain excellent relationships with clients, consisting of fund managers, broker/dealers and investment banks, communicating with them in a professional, clear and concise manner, meeting all deadlines.
· Undertake pro-active trade management of stock recalls, stock loans and returns, stock borrows and returns, equity back to back trading within the DECS model, mutual funds, cash management, collateral management trades and any other instruments supported by Treasury Operations. Trade status required on all trades while assisting clients with all trade enquiries. Daily contact and review with our agent banks ensuring a high standard of settlement performance for our clients. Escalating any issues with the line manager.
· To maintain and seek to continuously improve quality daily processing and high quality client service within strict market deadlines.
· Improve client retention and satisfaction through high standards of service delivery of all Treasury Operations products providing full trade status information, trade reporting and a pro-active performance.
· Visit clients with management to undertake client reviews including settlement performance, fails management with general feedback. Discuss the client MI and articulate any problems or issues with sound recommendations for future improvements.
· Ensure all pre-matching of trades instructions are undertaken and demonstrate a pro-active approach to all failed trades management across our front office trading and client driven business flows.
· Ensure the Treasury Operations business functions attain satisfactory, or higher, internal and external audit ratings.
· To assist in the regular review of all Treasury Operations procedures and workflows and ensure that all procedure manuals are current.
· Positively contribute to the Treasury Operations team to create a professional, high quality operational centre of excellence, with a proper focus on culture and ethical standards.
· To fully contribute to any operational improvement initiatives in areas such as IT and Control, often by participation in testing.
· All Cash and Stock exceptions to be cleared in accordance with current HSS policy and to resolve all Treasury Operations issues and queries within the HSS stipulated timeframes.
· Actively participate in the appraisal / review processes.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.