The Agile Software Engineer role is based within HSBC Digital Solutions.
We are looking for Engineers to help us build and run HSBC's online banking services, helping us move away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new microservices platform.
You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices. We welcome all talented Agile engineers from those who can sit across the whole stack, or specialist front end or back end software developers.
We're looking for passionate, driven, team loving, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
· Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
· Familiar with a couple of different languages, and well-versed in at least one
· Use the latest UI, Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
· Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
· Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
· Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
· We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
· Be able to demonstrate you can lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams of Engineers
· Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Relevant knowledge of Building ‘mobile first', responsive, adaptive single page applications
· Solid awareness of cross-browser, device and cross platform development
· Standards compliant HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap
· jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
· Mocha, Jasmine, QUnit
· Template systems – Handlebars, Mustache
· Test automation development utilising - Selenium, JUnit, Cucumber and Capybara
· Experience consuming SOAP, REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
· Hybrid mobile app framework experience – PhoneGap, Cordova, Telerik, Xamarin & React Native
· Experience working in relevant environments CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
· Spring and Tomcat
· PaaS/IaaS –Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Mule API gateway
· DevOps processes and experience
· Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
· Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
· Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance
· Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
· Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business, operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
· Supported project teams, managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
The base location for this role is Bluefin, Southwark London
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: Agile, FullStack, Engineer, Developer, Digital