Sales Support Intern (Placement Year)
The Hybrid IT Alliances Sales Team at HPE are looking to recruit an Industrial Placement Intern to work alongside our field sales team representatives in this highly lucrative, business focused, sales segment.
If successful, you will work alongside a sales team that is driven to achieve results. Your role would involve supporting the Director responsible for the Alliances business in UK&I.
You will gain a wealth of experience in how to engage with customers and business partners, deal with concerns and ultimately gain an understanding of the way in which the sales cycle works in this highly competitive industry. Not only will you get expose to this from a leaning view point, you will be central to it operating efficiently.
In supporting the HPE Alliances Team continually evolve and grow, you will be given the opportunity to make a difference within the organization, taking on tasks with real business-focus, and owning critical responsibilities – ultimately giving you the opportunity to demonstrate you are a valuable asset worth ongoing investment for the future.
- Support a team of 5 Strategic Alliance managers who manage HPE’s Strategic Alliance Partners, Alliance partners are those we closely work with, to sell jointly into end customers.
- The Alliance Business Managers (ABM's) work with the Strategic Partners, creating joint solutions based on HPE technology to drive incremental revenue for both HPE and the partner
- The intern role will involve contact with these partners in support of the ABM's -Helping the ABM manage pipeline
- Run joint marketing activities
- Support Alliance Managers in partner meetings
- Create marketing material such as newsletters/win snapshots/invites to events
- Help ABM’s with events – duties vary from project management of the planning of these events e.g. organizing and running the calls/gathering all the right info and material from the right people. Working with other areas of HP to pull these events together
- Produce reports for sales opportunities from HPE’s CRM system
- Work closely with the field Sales Force to track and tag opportunities and also use social media e.g. chatter to give
- updates on opportunities
- Attend partner meetings to gain more insight into the work going on and also help with actions from the meeting
- The role will need good communication skills, both written and verbal. The candidate will need to be well presented and be happy to work in a fast paced business environment.
- There will be contact with the partners, often through e-mail on behalf of ABM’s but also, during meetings and events.
- The candidate must be comfortable working with email, spreadsheets and PowerPoint. Training for this is available, but a basic understanding is a requirement. The candidate will also use HPE's Salesforce.com CRM system and will be shown how to use.
- There will be ongoing product enablement and training that can be taken for the New Style of IT solutions HPE takes to market
Students must be eligible to complete a 13 month placement as part of their University degree and must be in the 2nd year of a 4 year degree.
A Business, IT or related degree discipline is preferable but not essential
Must be on target to achieve a 2.1 (based on first year's results and/or predicted second year's result).In addition to the above educational requirements, Students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement in/around July 2020
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.