Field Support Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
Within the family there is a range of technical and managerial customer on-site functions. The family of jobs is focused on managing the onsite delivering of software services, pre-sales, post-sales or service delivery support, installation and configuration for customer environments. The jobs solve various business systems, networking and applications problems for standard industry servers, specialized or complex clustered environments. Deliver reactive and proactive activities according to Service Level Agreement to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Provides direct post-sales systems on site technical support for reactive and proactive customers. Each position maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring clear business and technical solution alignment, clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Jobs are responsible for company Total Customer Experience as well as the revenue growth, profitability, and account retention.
· Apply growing technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with limited risk/complexity.
· Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
· Resolve routine in-scope technical incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve more complex incidents.
· Apply company solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
· Participate in Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
· Build relationship with management in assigned accounts.
· Sets expectations with customers based on defined parameters.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 3-5 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Basic knowledge of company products and services offerings.
· Communicate effectively to technical level and first-level management within an organization.
· Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level.
· Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative based on clearly defined procedures.
· Conceptual understanding of IT environments.
Join us and make your mark!
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.