About Home Run
Home Run is a 1-h grocery delivery start up that has been operating in London for 1.5 years. We believe in turning the tiresome task of grocery shopping into an amazing online shopping experience.
Customers go to homerun.delivery, select their supermarket, and order. One of Home Run’s personal shoppers then picks the freshest items in store and a driver delivers the order to the customer’s door in as little as 1hr.
What we need
We need to hire an intern on an ongoing basis to work 20 hours a week from our awesome Notting Hill offices to assist us with the a few key tasks. Getting these things right is central to our business and will have a huge impact on how efficiently we run and the accuracy of the information we’re displaying to our lovely customers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Setting replacements for our new Shoppers App
We are developing an app for our shoppers, who spend their days fulfilling orders in the supermarkets we partner with. If something is out of stock, the app tells them what to look for instead. We need to ensure consistency and quality when it comes to replacements, irrespective of how knowledgeable the shopper is. Certain things need to be in place for this functionality to work: most importantly, someone has to pre-select suitable replacements – this is where you come in! You’ll be selecting the most appropriate suggested alternatives (in order of preference) for every product that we sell.
• Work with our Product Catalogue
There are tasks which we’ll need you to carry out with our beautifully designed (shoutout to our tech. team!) product catalogue:
- Activate and deactivate seasonal products (track availability, set reminders and make changes)
- Deactivate products. When a shopper clicks “deactivate” on a product, we need you to make sure that this is correct. We’ll also need you to do an occasional run around in the stores to see if the most frequently replaced items are still being sold.
- We’ll need you to go through all the items that have previously been deactivated and cross check them.
- Product price and category changes: pretty self-explanatory. This all needs to be accurate and up to date.
- Volume tracking. We have systems which can estimate the weight of a customers’ order so we can decide if it needs to be delivered by bike or by car. We need you to make sure the estimations are correct and update them for items where there is no estimation or an inaccurate estimation.
- Aisle sorting. We’ll need you to map the supermarkets we partner with so our shoppers know exactly where they’re going while they’re shopping groceries and are as efficient as possible.
What you’ll get:
An hourly rate
The opportunity to join an early stage disruptive tech. startup and have a real impact on the company’s future!
Free parking for your car or scooter
- Must be incredibly detail oriented with the ability to work at pace
- Must be energetic, friendly and wiling to get stuck in! Ideally an interest in the tech. sector.
- Must have your own laptop to work on.
If the above sounds like a little bit of you we want to meet you!