The GSK Clinical Imaging team supports the development and application of clinical imaging methods across R&D. This involves the use of multiple types of imaging (e.g. MRI, PET, CT) and all phases of clinical development from single centre studies through to large multi-centre trials. Co-ordination of both innovative and established imaging methods involves organisation of complex data flows of heterogeneous data between Contract Research Organisations, academic partners, and internal experts. Rapid and efficient image data availability is important to enable quality control, in-stream review, advanced image analysis, analytics and data re-use.
Whilst some of these workflows will require manual actions, there is scope to increase efficiency of these processes with the development of tools and scripts for the various interfaces. Through close partnership with internal and external collaborators you will support the Clinical Imaging team to enable data is available when needed, supporting current needs and developing capabilities for the future. You will support a strong partnership with the broader data science community in GSK and will continue to react to emerging needs and new technical opportunities.
• Support the management of clinical imaging data for the clinical imaging team
• Work with external imaging CROs and academic centres to enable and fulfil secure receipt of imaging data in preparation for analysis and/or radiological review
• Optimise imaging data workflows to improve efficiency of dataflow
• Enable the efficient secondary use of imaging data through internal and external partnerships
• Implement and maintain programmatic access to data held by external parties
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: COB – 5th of July 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Mathematics, Physics, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Medical Imaging)
• Proven experience experience of managing medical imaging workflows (which can be part of postgraduate studies)
• Broad experience handling medical imaging data, ideally including CT, MRI and PET
• Experience with medical imaging software libraries and viewers, e.g. ITK, FSL, MIM
• Proficient in multiple coding and scripting languages, ideally including Python, Matlab, Bash
• Experience in a scientific computing environment, e.g. Linux, Spark, Hadoop, slurm, SGE
• PhD or Master's degree in relevant field (Mathematics, Physics, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Medical Imaging)
• Experience working in pharma R&D, a CRO or a core-lab is an advantage
• Experience with DICOM, REST API's and version control is an advantage
• Experience working under GCP and working with privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR, HIPAA) is an advantage
• Experience designing and/or implementing data security safeguards
Why GSK? :
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
In Our Words
The Story of GSK