GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Global Manufacturing and
Supply (GMS) organisation producing some of the world's leading dermatological, sterile, inhaled and oral medicines for a wide range of diseases including MRSA, leukaemia and HIV.
To help enable us to maintain compliance and ensure robustness of key equipment, we are looking to appoint a Assistant Engineer to work in the Liquid Inhalations Department within the Sterile and Inhalations Business Unit.
This role is offered on a 12 month Fixed Term / Secondment.
• Coordinate activities of both technical staff and Apprentices.
• SAP capabilities in line with Role PM14, CAPA and Finance transactions.
• Perform / manage EHS assessments (COSHH, NOISE, DSEAR, Manual Handling). Support the self inspection process and external Safety audits.
• Maintain compliance through managing ECC`s to completion and ongoing maintenance of the engineering Live files. Support the self inspection process and external Quality audits.
• Assist with Y3 root cause analysis (RCA) process.
• Maintain engineering metrics for the business unit.
• Facilitate continuous improvements activities in line with departmental objectives.
• Supervision of contractors – including issuing of Permit to Work (PTW) and Authorisations to Work (ATW).
• Additional duties, including working shift patterns, as defined by SIBU Engineering Operations Manager.