Your Responsibilities :
The Product Expert is accountable for business & technical analysis for products within the respective domain. As part of the persistent product development team, they are accountable for technical deliverables and ensuring sound architectural setup of products.
The Product Expert will provide technical guidance and advice to Product Owners as part of solutions-fit and options assessment (Viability, Desirability, Feasibility) with a focus on feasibility- for example can the user-story/problem statement be technically achieved.
They will need technical expertise in the areas specific to the product domain they are working. They will also be accountable for technical artefacts such as systems requirements, solutions design and security & privacy reviews.
• Technical Configuration/Customization: Work with third party solutions providers, developers and GSK Core Technology/Platforms to conduct technical configuration/customization of solutions that meet our customers needs and provides a great user experience
• Data Protection: Develop a sound knowledge of GSK policies and processes regarding protection of sensitive data
• Governance & Product Assessment: Take part in technical governance and oversight of product development across a product domain. Support Solutions Architect in the assessment of technology solutions
• Product Domain: Understand the product domain from a technology perspective but also understand how the technology adds value
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
• Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
• Integrations: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
• Process Improvement: Drive ongoing product and technical improvements adopting a mixture of delivery methodologies where appropriate – but focusing on Value to the customers.
• Technical Product Deliverables: Ensuring completion of technical deliverables as outlined by Product Owner/GRC and ensuring technical aspects of definition of done are achieved.
• Operational Support: Work on support tickets and escalations providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery. Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements.
• Degree, relevant (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Corporate, GMS) experience in major global Tech organization
• Track record in successful technical development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
• Experience as a Technical Analyst
• Experience of working with third parties in the delivery of working products
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
• Understanding of Agile Software Development, experience in Scrum, Kanban, SAFE desirable
• Understanding of Emergn VFQ desirable
• Experience in configuration of SAP APO DP
• Experience in BW configuration (RSA1)
• Experience in configuration of SAP Ariba SCC Add-on and PI Adapter
• Experience in configuration of the SAP Ariba Buyer Portal
• Experience in integration with wider SAP modules like MM, PP, APO SNP, APO GATP, TSM
• Good understanding of how the Procurement Process of Stock Managed materials is run in ECC.
• Good understanding of how the Forecasting Process is run in APO DP.
• Basic ABAP debugging experience desirable
Why GSK? :
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and/or CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 14th August 2019.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.