GSK is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
Biopharm Discovery is a department dedicated to the discovery of novel and effective biopharmaceutical medicines. This department comprises several complementary functions focused on the progression of a portfolio of biopharmaceuticals from initial antibody discovery, expression and characterisation to molecular engineering and biological and physiochemical profiling.
The Antibody Selections (AS) group within the Biopharm Discovery is looking to recruit an Outsourcing Coordinator to manage outsourced tool (non-therapeutic) antibody programmes.
The AS group has responsibility for identifying high quality hits and leads from in vitro libraries and in vivo technologies. The team use phage and Adimab yeast platforms along with in vivo transgenic mice technologies to generate diverse panels of hit and lead antibodies which are expressed and triaged using a variety of characterisation assays.
The AS group also works with external contract research organisations (CROs) to deliver antibody reagents for tool applications including polyclonal reagents, and mAbs for assays and in vivo models.
You will be part of a team of scientists who supply tool and therapeutic antibodies to GSK's Therapeutic Area groups through outsourcing antibody generation and screening to CROs. Working with colleagues, you will be expected to play a key role in managing the delivery of the outsourced projects while maintaining excellent scientific and oversight rigor.
• Scientific engagement with internal and external stakeholders including CROs and GSK scientific project leaders to help design and recommend discovery/screening strategies for antibody generation projects using in vitro or in vivo approaches as appropriate.
• Coordinating the delivery of high quality tool antibodies to GSK's Therapeutic Area groups through outsourcing the antibody discovery to CROs.
• Contribute towards improvements in GSK's antibody outsourcing processes.
• Maintaining knowledge of the CRO technical landscape and evaluating CRO capabilities.
• Ensuring adherence to GSK's recording and compliance requirements through maintaining high quality records. Additionally, coordination and receipt of reports from CROs.
• Clear and concise presentations of results to peers and programme teams.
We can offer you a collaborative learning environment and the opportunity to develop your career and gain experience across drug discovery. If you share our priorities of innovation, performance and trust and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients, then we'd love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications:120th July 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• MSc or equivalent experience required in biological sciences with significant experience in antibody discovery. A PhD or equivalent experience is desired.
• Practical experience of outsourcing antibody discovery projects / project management.
• Track record of critiquing scientific data (from CROs) with the ability to identify and resolve scientific questions.
• Working knowledge of the therapeutic antibody discovery and development process.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary matrixed teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Why GSK? :
GSK is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.