Natixis is the international corporate, investment, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 35 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne. With more than 16,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into three main business lines: Corporate & Investment Banking, Investment Solutions & Insurance, and Specialized Financial Services. A global player, Natixis has its own client base of companies, financial institutions and institutional investors as well as the client base of individuals, professionals and small and medium-size businesses of Groupe BPCE’s banking networks.
Overall purpose of the role:
• Lawyer in charge of debt issuances with a focus on credit linked products.
Main responsibilities and duties of the role (indicate if any are shared, if so with which other position):
• Advising, structuring and documenting issues of debt instruments for the bank’s group (own account).
• Working in close cooperation with the front office teams in charge of structuring, originating and syndicating structured debt products mainly based in Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, New York and London.
• Being more specifically dedicated to the legal structuring and documentation of credit linked debts, in particular:
o Credit linked notes
o Repackaging vehicles and master trust structures
o CLOs and CDOs
o Collateralised debt issuance programmes.
• Monitoring and anticipating European and French regulatory changes in relation to credit linked notes and collateralised notes and providing pro-active in-house support in that respect to front office teams and relevant support functions.
Key skills, experience and personal attributes required (include problem solving aspects):
· Qualified lawyer
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial services including significant experience in credit linked debts and/or credit derivatives
· Responsiveness and strong team spirit will be required to work with demanding front office desks and collaboratively with colleagues
· Open mind, great analytical skills, adaptability, client centric, are skills necessary to adapt to multiple legal systems
· Strong capacity to identify legal risks, report and escalate issues is essential
· Command of French would be a plus.
· Word, Excel and Powerpoint literate
Date de publication:23/05/2018