Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments.
A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d'Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
Its clients include corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and supranational organizations, and the customers of Groupe BPCE's networks.
Natixis Corporate & Investment Banking Americas
The Americas platform delivers a diversified range of structured and asset financing, capital markets, and global transaction banking solutions, encompassing both standard and structured transactions across the spectrum of risk profiles. Our clients include institutional, corporate and local government clients in North and South America.
Natixis Corporate & Investment Banking Americas has offices in New York, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Houston, Lima, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Montréal, and São Paolo, and a staff of more than 600.The Americas platform devises an exhaustive range of products and services, and provides access to Natixis research.
In the capital markets field, the range of solutions spans the credit markets, interest rate derivatives, foreign exchange, global markets commodities, guaranteed investment contracts and derivative investments, money market products and services, global structured credit & solutions, equity markets, and multi asset solutions.In the structured & asset financing field, we specialize in global energy and commodities, global infrastructure & projects, acquisition & strategic finance, real estate finance, and aviation finance.
Risk Summer Analysts can expect to work with both internal and external clients in order to monitor and maintain day-to-day business operations. Analysts conduct reviews, run analysis, process amendments, and may liaise with clients to support the ongoing business of Natixis.
Department/Program Area – Risk
Internship placements may include but are not limited to:
· Credit Risk
· The Credit Risk group accounts for Financial Institutions, focusing on US & Canadian banks, securitization, and insurance.
· Summer Analysts in Credit Risk will work with the team to support quarterly reviews of technical requests processed by Front Office groups, will help develop systems and processes to ensure the strategy of Credit Risk is in line with the clients, and will be able to work with clients in Banking, Coverage, and our Strategic Sectors businesses to assess in analysis, memo writing, and research.
· Market Risk
· The scope of the Market Activities Risk P&L and Liquidity (MARPL) group is very broad as it encompasses among others repo, equity derivatives, interest rates derivatives, FX, Credit, Commodities or Securitization covering Risk and P&L topics.
· Summer Analysts in the team may assist in essential market reporting and analysis, contribute to ad hoc analysis for front office requests, work in data validation and quality control, and participate to develop ah hoc reporting and market risk tools
About our Summer Program
The Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week educational immersive program providing a realistic glimpse into our business units. The summer kicks off with orientation followed by continued event and formal mentorship programming throughout the summer. Intern mobility opportunities will be discussed throughout the summer for high performers. Throughout the summer, we will work with managers to collect ongoing feedback in order to determine return offers for the Full Time Analyst program.
Participants in the program will perform a wide variety of roles and have the opportunity to work with colleagues at different levels and from different areas within the Firm. As experience grows, so does the level of responsibility. The program will provide the professional skills, industry knowledge and development opportunities to enable each Summer Analyst achieve success within the Firm.
This program targets candidates in their third year of undergraduate studies with a high level of academic and leadership achievement, who are interested in working within a rapidly changing and demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment. Masters students are also welcome to apply.
The ideal candidate should possess:
· An educational background in economics, finance or statistics
· Previous experience within the risk department of an Investment Bank
· A basic knowledge of how the markets work and an understanding of important related fields (e.g. accounting, economics, interest rates)
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Knowledge of programming in Office productivity tools with a strong emphasis on Excel and Excel VBA as well as Word and PowerPoint
· Self – motivation with a good quantitative background and a high level of attention to details
· Professional presence which includes self-confidence and maturity
· Strong initiative—the willingness and ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial, team-based environment
· Strong communication skills—both verbal & written
· Demonstrated capability for analysis and strategic thinking
Date de publication:18/07/2019