Job Req ID: JR-40040648
To Apply to this job, click here
Goodyear. More Driven.
As the Commercial Sales Representative (Commission) role, you are responsible for selling new and retreaded commercial truck tires and related products and services by managing current customer accounts and developing new accounts. You must also produce sufficient sales volume to achieve assigned sales objectives and promote the company standard of "Service Excellence, Always" by representing the company professionally through team image and service readiness at all times. Through training, you will develop knowledge of the company's products and services and be able to educate others. You will also monitor and report on market intelligence which impacts business and pricing within the market. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to :
· Managing current customer accounts.
· Actively seeking and developing new accounts and representing the company to potential customers.
· Traveling locally to customer sites to establish and further build relationships
· Selling company supported products and services.
· Meeting sales goals set by management.
· Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of products and services to provide accurate information to customers.
· Evaluating customer needs and making recommendations utilizing the "marketing approach to selling."
· Attending sales training and continually building product knowledge.
· Performing a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, sitting, squatting, and driving.
· Implementing marketing programs to solicit new clients through cold calls, campaigns, organizations, referrals.
· Scheduling fleet service appointments and coordinating appointments with the service department.
· Conducting fleet needs evaluations and providing customers with cost analysis and benefits.
· Ensuring prompt resolution of tire adjustments and ensuring that customer casings are handled appropriately.
· Delivering tires to customers as needed, including loading and unloading tires.
· 2 years or more of successful sales experience
· Must have a valid driver s license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· No relocation is being offered for this position.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Associate Degree in related field.
· Previous business to business sales experience
· Strong oral and written communication ability.
· Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
· Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
Goodyear (312) 915-5548
To Apply to this job, click here
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Sales Rep, QA, Quality Assurance, Sales, Quality, Technology