Be part of an online revolution to reduce teacher workload whilst increasing student productivity and grades at GCSE level!
Get My Grades is recruiting Science Graduates to help create our GCSE Physics content. This content, when combined with our intelligent and highly autonomous software, will create a powerful online tool that makes practice easier and more productive for students and reduces teacher workload. Simultaneously, our system will remove the need for data entry and dramatically increase the amount of data available to teachers, schools and parents.
You will be involved in:
- Planning a logical structure for our Physics content.
- Writing ‘Learn’ pages, for students to use to teach themselves or refresh important concepts. These will essentially be short web pages explaining an important skill or idea clearly and imaginatively, possibly with a worked example. They may involve diagrams or videos as well as text.
- Writing questions, answers and mark schemes of varying difficulty, for the Physics topics you are assigned to (we will try to provide some choice of topics for successful candidates).
- Map our Physics content to the different exam board qualifications offered at GCSE Level.
- Testing our software and providing feedback to the design, operations and web development teams.
This job could potentially lead to a full-time position for the right candidate. In the next 2 years, we have an ambitious development plan to improve and refine the service, covering more subjects and levels.
Desired Skills and Experience
Prospective candidates are expected to have an interest in the concept of using online software to improve education. No web development or special IT skills are required (we already have a web development team that you will work with).
- Solid understanding of the Science curriculum, especially at GCSE level.
- The ability to summarise important concepts succinctly in one or two sentences.
- The ability to break down the existing curriculum and critically evaluate how it could be taught better, in a different order or with a different structure.
- The ability to teach challenging concepts in a clear and imaginative way.
- Be able to write different types of questions of varying difficulty, within a reasonable timeframe.
- Be able to classify a question’s difficulty level on a 5 point scale and justify your classification.
- A track record of taking on challenging roles as part of a team.
Desirable attributes (these will support an application but applicants lacking these attributes will not be penalised)
A Science degree.
Graphic design skills.
£18,000 pro rata. Salary is negotiable for the right candidate. If mutually agreed, the work can be carried out remotely, with at least two days working together each week).
Plumstead, London SE18.