Ida Grove, Other
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
The Wind Technician at the Ida Grove II Wind Farm in Ida Grove, IA will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators.
As the Wind Technician – Ida Grove II, you will:
· Work with site leadership to execute contractual obligations and activities set forth with the customers on a daily basis, which include any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in the GE wind turbine generator
· Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
· Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
· Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision
· Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
· Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis
· Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
· Work with and respond to GE’s remote operations center when necessary
· High School Diploma / GED ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
· Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 300 feet
· Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
· Ability to meet specific OSHA weight limits of 250 to 300lbs max
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings
· Ability and willingness to read, interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations
· Ability to write reports, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
· Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
· Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours, seven days a week
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
· Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
· Wind turbine experience
· Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
· Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
· Experience using hydraulic power tools
· Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).