GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Global Training & Competence Manager - Services, will be responsible for the continuous improvement of existing training programs by identifying, developing and then managing the most efficient combination of classroom, workshop and offshore training required to produce competent field support personnel. The Services Training Manager will act as subject matter expert (SME) with respect to functional, business, and broad company objectives.
This role will be heavily involved in long term planning to integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, contributing to the overall strategy by managing complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.
· Develop proposals, secure funding and coordinate resources (facility, instructors, equipment, material) as required to execute training.
· Create an innovative learning environment that will address rapidly changing competencies due to business growth, offering high quality, cost effective solutions fulfilling training needs.
· Assess, develop and then execute the most efficient combination of classroom workshop and offshore training required to produce competent field support personnel.
· Build relationships and work closely with the Regional Leaders to ensure a consistently high standard of FSE’s by creation of a constructive feedback loop and thorough understanding of the needs of individual regions.
· Continuously improve technical product training programs for field support personnel and (in due course) customers. Leverage Six Sigma, curriculum rationalization and digitization to create high quality blended learning solutions.
· Ensure training materials are formatted to a consistent design and quality and are regularly updated and revised, ensuring training material has the appropriate business classification and is secured effectively to vigorously defend BHGE IP
· Manage NPI training material creation and ensure that suitable training curriculum is delivered to the regions before the product.
· Select and manage external training consultants for course development and delivery
· Develop sound working relationships with training departments in other parts of the business functions to ensure global best practice and cross-pollination.
· Exploit customer training margin opportunities unless at the expense of Field Support training provision.
· Maintain an internal repository to ensure that training materials are readily accessible, and publish course information online.
· Provide training staff effective leadership through active contacts with operations, engineering and service shops to stay current on technical, procedural and business changes. Provide staff with clear role responsibilities aligned with business needs.
· Generate required KPIs and metrics to measure competency levels and performance across the regions.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· Extensive leadership experience.
· Proven and successful experience in technical training establishments.
· Results focused, with a strong track record of execution.
· Extremely high initiative and able to embrace ambiguity.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills.
· Change agent with ability to lead through vision and implementation.
· Willingness and ability to travel (
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Strong technical background is preferred.
· Experience as a student or instructor in an innovative technical specialization.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
· Strong customer focused mind set.
· Six Sigma training or knowledge of process improvement techniques is preferred.
· Ability to implement adult learning theory.
· Ability to influence and work in and with a global team.
· Prior experience in developing and managing training or organizational development frameworks in large, complex organizations.
· Ability to work in a matrix organization – influencing and gaining commitment at all levels of the organization.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.