Training and Competency Manager - Engineering
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Training and Competence Manager role within SPS & Services engineering is an important role that contributes significantly to ensuring we have an effective system for knowledge transfer, learning and competence management. We need a current, informed and effective engineering team.
SPS & Services represents a broad portfolio including Subsea Tree Systems, Installation, Intervention and Workover Systems and adjacent tooling and technologies. The Training and Competence Manager has the opportunity to contribute significantly to our business helping ensure competence and efficiency in engineering. Delivering modern efficient training with managed and documented competence in SPS and Services engineering:
· Provide clear leadership from EHS point view as it applies to team operations, training and competence.
· Manage an overview of all requested and required training.
· Develop and agree training calendar and plan, linked to business outcomes. Leveraging both internal and external resources as required.
· Deliver and develop engineering training when possible. Leveraging other development or delivery resources as required.
· Manage and maintain the engineering training budget and spend.
· Setup and manage the engineering competence management and monitoring system. This includes software input, training and audit.
Define link and maintain the engineering competence system, set up and maintain links to the Quality Management System.
· Manage and maintain all SPS & Services training assets.
· Develop and manage an SPS & Services graduate training program ensuring effectiveness along with professional body accreditation.
Proven experience encompassing:
· Minimum major experience in a relevant discipline or equivalent knowledge or experience
Bachelor degree in engineering or science based discipline preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in training and competence.
· Availability to travel internationally for project and product needs and for short term assignments.
· Fluent English speaker.
· Ability to connect with and influence multi-disciplined, geographically dispersed teams
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
· Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring spirit and commitment
· Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions.
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.