GE Digital is looking for an experienced, full-stack Software Engineer to work on the Application Devel-opment team, building next generation industrial applications that work on-premises and in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
· Collaborate with technical product managers and architects to understand product require-ments and identify the scope of work.
· Lead technical discussions and create design artifacts, keeping in view the maintainability and sustainability of the software
· Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
· Coach and mentor engineers on the team.
· Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technolo-gy to designs
· Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
· Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile, CI, Software and Product Securi-ty, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
· Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology se-lected for the project
· Work across all application layers, including GUIs, middle-tier, messaging and the data persis-tence layer
· Assist with the build, release & deployment processes
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
· A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background in-vestigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to work in Foxboro.
· Understanding and experience with architecting products for on-premise and cloud deployments
· High level of skill in developing cross-platform applications in C++
· Experience developing web applications using Java (Spring Framework) using microservices
· Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
· Experience with build and continuous integration tools
· Background in deploying software using Docker containers is a plus
· Experience with both, Linux and Windows is desired
· Knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks is necessary
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
· Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
· Ability to takes ownership of features and deliver while mentoring and helping
· Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
· Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strate-gy. Makes suggestions to course correct
· Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).