Responsible for designing Testing Strategy and implementation for highly complex modules, critical components and whole application/product release in its entirety with a high degree of customer interaction. Have the vision to understand, design, integrate and continuously improve quality within the Software Development. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Responsible for driving the Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing.
In this role, you will:
• Lead discussions about Quality Engineering across product and application release.
• Have a proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition and estimation.
• Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, and Development Quality Engineering.
• Lead impact assessment/decisions related to Quality Engineering plan and strategy for a whole release.
• Provide expert oversight, mentoring team members and leading quality initiatives in large development efforts.
• Be experienced in effectively delegating work and driving results within a world-wide team.
• Have expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Provide subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and show ability to adapt to changing project situations.
• Demonstrate expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, Influence decisions and have an ability to take a strategic view.
• Show deep understanding of architecture, scalability, availability and performance considerations as well as its impact on quality engineering.
• Lead the Quality Engineering efforts across the product version/s.
• Provide expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
• Extensive experience in test automation, test scripts and the ability to integrate this in a continuous integration environment.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing) with knowledge/experience of front-end Node/Angular application testing.
• Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, Green Hopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
• Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Extensive professional experience or Master’s degree with strong experience
• Broad software development experience specifically with developing automated testing solutions
• Legal authorization to work in the U.K. is required. Employment visas will not be sponsored, now or in the future, for this role.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in UK.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.