Sr Staff Solution Architect
Cheltenham,Bishops Cleeve, London, Southampton
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Sr Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted
advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will
collaborate with internal development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial
sales teams to help drive sales of GE Aviation Digital products and services.
· Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
· Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal
· Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and
problem solving ability across the landscape
· Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
· Provide deep software/hardware technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution
· Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally
· Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
· Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
· Evangelize the use of GE technology and data platforms, products, and services in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
· Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
· Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across
broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline or equivalent knowledge
· Significant work experience in software solution architecture
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to travel 50%
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in
· Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and
executing propositions and a track record of success
· Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively
communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike
across all organizational levels
· Familiarity with cloud architectures and deploying applications to the cloud. Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
· Understanding of big data and MPP technologies and data platforms. Experience with Teradata a plus
· li>Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and
translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
· Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and
make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.