Healthcare Digital Technology
Want to make a difference in the healthcare domain and ship groundbreaking technology of large-scale systems with deep learning and artificial intelligence? We are looking for a highly motivated individual, passionate about Software Engineering to join the GE Healthcare Data Science team. As the Sr. Software Engineer, you will focus on automation and quality of AI toolkit products that are deployed into production partnering with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Platform Engineers.
· Work closely with data scientists and data engineers across modalities to strengthen the quality of the AI products deployed into production, and medical experts to deliver high quality healthcare services and products
· Evaluate new tools and technologies through prototypes and propose solutions for implementation
· Practice strong software development/testing principles and best practices: Test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, code reviews, code refactoring, coding standards, etc.
· Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across multiple teams
· Document best practices, guides, systems design, reference architectures and implementations
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
· Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
· Ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
· Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
· Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
· Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
· Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
· Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
· Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written
· Minimum of relevant professional experience in software development
· Excellent in C++, with significant experience (not necessarily professional)
· Knowledge of GPGPU programming, with some experience (not necessarily professional)
· Knowledge of Python, with 1+ years of experience (not necessarily professional)
· Good understanding of object oriented programming and API design
· Experience in application development for Windows
· Experience in image processing algorithms, such as filters, sampling, compression, etc.
· Experience with version control systems, specifically with git
· Experience with CI/CD tools and methodology
· Sound mathematical knowledge, understanding of concepts like derivation, integral, matrices, linear algebra, basic statistics
· Aptitude to learn high level frameworks, such as TensorFlow and Keras, and the basics of machine learning
· Legal authorization to work in Hungary is required
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Budapest
· Experience in the healthcare industry
· Experience with 3D imaging
· Experience with data science oriented python packages (numpy, scipy, pandas, etc.)
· Experience with Jupyter
· Experience with CUDA
· Experience with DirectX
· Experience in data visualization, for example in matplotlib
· Experience in application development for tablets, mobile devices, or embedded devices
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator, GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Insights , or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com for more information.