GE Gas Power
Gas Power Engineering
We are seeking a Product Support Engineer to join our international team. In this role, the candidate will service and support our installed fleet of robotics throughout North America. In addition to the technical service and support the candidate is also responsible for training of new customers. With a thorough technical understanding he can consult and support our clients in their inspection and maintenance needs.
GE Inspection Robotics delivers products with industrial-grade reliability and robustness that meet high quality standards. Our inspection robots enable operators to plan outages more precisely and efficient and thereby reduce downtime. This increases the availability of facilities and makes them more profitable, as well as boosting the safety of people and the environment. Our portfolio ranges from manual hand-held scanners to autonomous cleaning & inspection robots.
The ideal candidate needs to be a hands-on problem solver, he has a very good technical understanding of electronics, mechanics and IT. Understanding customer requirements and translating them into an engineering requirement is key in this role. The position will be based in the United States, ideally in the Houston area. Regular business travel throughout North America will be required. Additionally, trips to our headquarters in Switzerland for product & service trainings and workshops will be scheduled.
· Service and support of installed fleet of robotics
· Consult customers on robotic solutions
· Be the voice of our users
· Support product releases within the product management team
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
· Self-motivated, dynamic and focused, hands on
· Work independently towards given goals
· Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and under pressure
· Take full responsibility for installed fleet
· Experience in electronics and software, skill set to execute repairs
· Experience in the oil & gas / petrochemical industry
· Experience in robotics services and support
· Engineering and/or Inspection (NDT) background is an advantage
· Good technical understanding
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).