Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Reporting directly to the On Site Staff Manager, the P&C Customer site engineeris a key member of the Service team, providing Application Engineering support both internally and externally and conducting Field Service activities at Protection & Control integrators and end customer facilities.
· Perform Commissioning activities for Protection & Control and Substation Automation Systems
· Training to customers
· Consulting services on P&C Engineering (Calculation of Settings, Protection Relay, Control Units and Gateway Configuration, Coordination Studies, Short Circuit analysis)
· EHS Leadership, conduct field work in compliance with applicable regulations and encourage accurate employee safety practices
· Act as a primary technical resource for on-site work and lead resolving engineering and product issues. Providing technical direction to skilled labour while performing work on customer sites and equipment to assure the executed work reflects the quality standards and attention to detail that maintains a professional image for the customer and company
· Provide installation and service direction on-site and remotely
· Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up and sales support, and internally with engineering departments, manufacturing, and Sales team
· Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, professional reports
· Provide, audit, and implement quality control requirements for on-site activities
· Communicate schedule details, project milestones, manpower requirements, quality issues, and tools/equipment requirements to the appropriate individuals
· Leverage applicable Lean/6-Sigma projects
· Work closely with the Grid Automation Centre of Excellence in Bilbao, Spain
· Support the Sales and Commercial teams
· Electronics/Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Experience in Energy/Utility Project environments
· Proficiency level in Spanish and English. Other languages valued (German, French, Italian and/or Russian)
· Willingness and ability to travel globally (Around 150 days/year)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with the different departments
· A rigorous team working approach, good communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning aptitude
· Experience with electrical Protection relays and Control systems (LV, MV & HV)
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Strong technical skills on GE Protection Relays, Communication Protocols, SCADA
· Background in Electrical Control Systems and SCADA/DCS systems
· GE GA P&C and SAS products
· Must be a motivator, self-starter and dedicated team player
· Ability to organize, prioritize and achieve milestones and deliverables
· Open to working extended hours if the situation requires
· Sound judgment, level headed under pressure, with an ability to think on feet
· Self-starter with a sense of urgency and an ability to work to tight deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High interpersonal skills
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .