Description de l'offre
The Network Operations Engineer will serve as network administrator for the network monitoring team, supporting all customer network connections for Power Services & Power Digital installed fleet. This role will be responsible for configuring network equipment for deployment at customer locations, working with Fleet Management & shared service IT teams to implement network solutions, participating in the maintenance & daily operations of the network including being part of an on-call rotation.
• Provide operations coverage for monitoring and support of customer network connections in a 24/7 environment
• Participate in an on-call rotation and be available outside normal working hours to assist with outage resolutions
• Work with network team to deliver productivity enhancements within the overall team’s execution. Be able to support increased growth through productivity.
• Comply with documented standard operating processes for the team and industry best practices for network management.
• Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
• Maintain effective working relationship with business and engineering leaders, stakeholders, users, vendors and partners to help integrate support into overall strategic objectives
• Work with the network engineers to develop new technologies to support additional customer requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field or equivalent
• Demonstrable professional experience in IT infrastructure operations or engineering teams
• Legal authorisation to work in the EU is required.
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of GE Office
• Experience and demonstrated capability and competency to thrive and solve in a complex, multi-tenant network environment
• Experience and proven capability to work in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent communication skills.
• Networking certification; CCNA, CCNP or other equivalent
• Familiarity of network monitoring tools (SolarWinds and others)
• Knowledge of cloud technologies, software defined networking
• Demonstrable hands-on technical skills
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis;
• Able to communicate successfully across multiple levels of the organization
• Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and capability to focus engineering effort during times of need
• Strong desire to learn & grow both technically and professionally
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.