Mechanical Design Engineer – Industrial Engineering
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
BHGE M&C (Druck Ltd) has a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Industrial Sensors Engineering Team, which consists of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers including Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers. The team works collaboratively with the China Engineering Team and the Product Management function to develop products to grow the Industrial business through both Custom Product Opportunities (CPO) and New Product Introductions (NPI).
· Mechanical design of pressure sensing components to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
· Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
· Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
· High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
· Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
· Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
· Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
· Strong people and time management skills
· Experience with FEA simulation tools
· Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
· Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
· Knowledge of basic Electronic principles
· Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
· Experience of working with the PED
· Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
· Knowledge and experience of SAP
BHGE Measurement & Controls (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE M&C is a Sub-Division of GE Oil & Gas (BHGE) that employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide.
The team designs innovative pressure sensors supporting projects from cradle to grave, working closely with all other functions, such as sourcing, advanced manufacturing and quality, as well as with our onsite production and production in China. The industrial team work with a broad spectrum of industries and segments such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.