Aviation Customer Delivery Operations
As a member of the Material's team you will be working to ensure all material is available in the facility to support the planned kit date and work with the teams to resolve material issues.
· Procure and evaluate new material versus used serviceable material to support customer needs and conduct cost and price analysis in accordance with GEAE Sourcing Policy.
· Act as point of contact for suppliers, customer cell and the shop in resolving any MDR’s, invoice queries and performance issues.
· Attend daily Gate meetings where necessary and action any material supply issues as required. Communicate solutions and answers to all.
· Maintain familiarity and currency with GEAE procurement manual, sourcing policy, engine manuals, SI’s, ERS's, SB’s, AD's and other relevant technical publications to support operations.
· Actively support and promote GE Aviation sourcing initiatives.
· Supplier/vendor performance management.
· Working as part of a fast paced team, the successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and prioritisation skills.
· Experience of, or exposure to a similar sourcing environment would be beneficial.
· Excellent technical knowledge and a strong SAP competency would also be an advantage.
· Excellent problem solving skills and sound judgement would also aid the candidate.
· Proficient in Excel.
· Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .