Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Receiver / Inspector works closely with other members of the WMS Team to ensure accurate and efficient material throughput (Dock to Stock) in support of manufacturing production cells. This role has a strong emphasis on receiving and handling the Material flow, Storage, accuracy, quality, kitting and disposition to Aerospace standards.
· Support Receiving / Warehousing Team in daily Dock to Stock Processing.
· Receive, verify, process and receipt goods to the business system
· Process through the Quality database (QMS) Tip QA
· Record / Scan Supplier C of C;s / Pack slips
· Management of Non Conformance
· Communication and Escalation
· Priority awareness and management
· Comply with QMS Procedures
· Control of Documents
· Tracking and Control of stock
· Traceability Control
· Business System Transactions
· Stock disposition & housekeeping
· Experience of Receiving and Processing Supplied Parts through a Quality Inspection tool.
· Electro / Mechanical Experience
· Read and Understand Drawings / BOMâs / Circuit Diagrams
· Use of basic measuring equipment. Calipers, Micrometers, Gauges etc.
· Working knowledge of material handling requirements Inc., ESD, HazMat, MSD
· Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aerospace Material Handling and controls.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Proactive self-starter with a can do attitude
· Good communicator
· Time management and prioritising
· High level of attention to detail and experienced problem solving approach
· High levels of energy, drive and commitment.
· IT literate with confident user of PC packages, experienced in use of planning systems
· Flexible between skills matrix
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .