Salt Lake City
Executes the receiving, storing, using, staging and distribution of materials required for assembly of product.
· Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts or fork lifts
· Physically and systemically receive/issue individual material requisitions from internal and external departments Quantifies and verifies cycle count
· Process material against purchase orders and work orders using electronic material management system
· Coordinate with on-site and/or off-site warehousing facilities for parts replenishment and material for storage
· Work with appropriate logistics and production personnel to resolve/prevent part shortages
· Perform cycle audits and physical inventory per schedule.
· Help reconcile inventory discrepancies and report discrepancies to Supervisor
· May assist in training of new hires
· Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
· Read and follow work instructions and bills of materials
· Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Quality Specific Goals:
· Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concession, Defect Awareness, ESD, Non-conforming Material, Material Identification/Segregation and Good Documentation Practices procedures as associated with this job type/position.
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
· Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 4. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
· High school Diploma or local equivalent
· Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
· Proficient in basic mathematics
· Ability to communicate well and work with others
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to consistently lift
· Ability to utilize automated lifting equipment
· 2 or more years experience in storing and material handling
· Knowledge of computerized material flow methods
· Basic knowledge of quality and inventory control
· Prior experience using a forklift and weight scales
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Salt Lake City