GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
An opportunity has arisen to join an integral function supplying a range of products&services into a vast range of industries. The Material Planner/Buyer will be responsible for driving material requirements to satisfy internal/external demand in line with production capabilities&capacity. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in optimizing supply vs demand to minimize inventory exposure & risk whilst maximizing the customer experience in accordance with business expectations.
· Material requirement and demand planning for a range of products and components both internally manufactured and externally sourced.
· Working cross functionally with purchasing and production teams to expedite and de-expedite production orders and sourced material to support on time delivery in line with actual demand.
· Managing inventory value, days on hand and turns for WIP, SMI & finished goods.
· Placing purchase orders, chasing acknowledgment and working with external suppliers to ensure business needs are met.
· Manage planned obsolescence, controlling last time build, service requirements and stock at sub-sids
· Making strategic planning adjustments to balance demand vs supply and to facilitate a total replenishment lead time in line with market expectations.
· Daily execution of MRP action messages and root causing material shortages.
· Building and maintaining supplier relationships, raising Purchase Orders, and supporting cost down activities through negotiation.
· Actively look for and drive improvement opportunities within the materials function.
· Material planning/production scheduling experience.
· Purchasing knowledge and supplier management experience.
· Strong computer literacy skills and experience of working with MRP systems (SAP knowledge and experience preferred but not essential)
· Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to engage with peers and stakeholders at various levels to achieve the best outcome for the business.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities workloads, and respond to urgent requirements in a timely manner.
· Self-motivated, proactive, and positive.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.