Composite Manufacturing Engineer
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Reporting to the Composite Manufacturing Engineer Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process. The position will also provide support to all other functions within the business to ensure the team of composite ME’s achieve required deliverables whilst meeting all safety, regulatory and cost requirements. This role is initially planned to work continental shift patterns, however you may be required to work on a different shift.
· Good leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team engagement
· Able to manage a team, ensuring goals and objectives are met
· Manage own performance against agreed goal and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
· Understand and liaise with customer to support both internal and external customers
· Support NTI and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other GE locations
· Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria / equipment, lean methodologies
· Support New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture perspective and implementation
· Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design
· Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
· Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
· Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation
· Support the quality function through integration of QC documentation and manufacturing methods Instructions
· Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
· Define, enable and measure process capability.
· Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
· Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment
· Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
· Technically proficient within their discipline
· Participate / Lead in local and site wide initiatives.
· Strong leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team engagement
· Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management
· Ability to manage multiple complex assignments & priorities and achieve results
· Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
· Highly effective problem-solving skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· In depth working knowledge of manufacturing engineering process and methodologies within the aviation domain
· Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Degree in Engineering / Technical discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Project management skills
· In-depth knowledge of composite manufacturing process
· Positive approach to challenging situations
· Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers
· Prepared to work continental shift patterns
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.
2570 vacancies open at General Electric
- Jobs in London
- Engineering / Production Management jobs
- Engineering / Production Management jobs in London