Description de l'offre
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
We have an immediate requirement for a Skilled manual miller to join our busy team, to deliver high quality parts for delivery against a number of long term aviation contracts. Working to high tolerances, the role will machine small batch and bespoke aerospace components to the required quality, within budget and timescales.
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Able to work to high drawing tolerances as required
· Familiar with using rotary tables and dividing heads
· Familiar with compound angle machining both using horizontal and vertical machine set ups
· Able to Use standard measuring equipment
· Self-inspection required once trained to an approved operator standard
· Able to complete work route cards to maintain component traceability
· Experience in working in a tool room or similar environment
· This is a physical job and some lifting will be required
· Willing to work various shift patterns
· These vacancies are required for shift work - night shift may be available
· Relevant shift premium will be payable
· Well organised and methodical approach
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Apprentice Time served machinist or toolmaker
· Relevant experience in a similar role
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.