Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
The Facilities & Maintenance Electrician is responsible for assisting with the planned and reactive maintenance of site plant and equipment.
· In conjunction with line management and the site’s CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) prioritise reactive maintenance activities and attend accordingly.
· Carry out planned maintenance activities on site plant and equipment in accordance with the sites preventative maintenance schedules & CMMS.
· Fault find and diagnose faults on site plant and equipment, utilising technical drawings, manuals, PLC/CNC applications where required.
· Fault finding to component level
· Assist in the planning and implementation of site specific project works.
· Relocate plant and equipment, when applicable.
· Certify to use and utilise site MEWPs (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms).
· Adhere to safe systems of work, including the site’s LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) procedures.
· Provide on the job training and guidance to develop F&M Apprentice Electricians.
· In conjunction with the Maintenance Parts Controller order breakdown parts or spares, providing detailed information to allow fastest possible delivery.
· Work with contractors and suppliers, when necessary.
· Provide temporary Lead Mechanic cover when required. Carry out statutory inspections of plant and machinery.
· Must have served a recognised Electrical apprenticeship (trade papers required).
· has some CNC machine tool equipment experience.
· Can demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
· Can read and understand technical drawings and manuals.
· Has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own initiative.
· Is able to balance varying workloads and priorities to meet business needs in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
· Must be computer literate and have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have 17th Edition Wiring Regulations certification
· Must have Experience of PLC/CNC machine tool fault finding and programming
· Must have recent electrical maintenance experience within an industrial environment
· An understanding of TPM methodology
· A strong understanding of mechanical systems.
· Electrical Inspection and Testing certification
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .