Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
To support and drive sales of LED lighting, controls & Digital solutions, by providing professional lighting design support and technical solutions.
· Ability to produce detailed lighting designs, including controls and Emergency lighting to the latest industry standards.
· Work with the commercial lead, project managers & internal stakeholders, in order to, translate their needs into technical / design solutions, that meet both specification and customer needs.
· Identify and present suitable product solutions.
· Must be able to interpret plan/elevation drawings and accurately extract relevant information.
· Employ a professional approach, to create best in class design solutions, whilst considering any budgetary constraints, that may be set.
· Generate required technical documentation, calculations to estimate energy consumption/efficiency, based on usage data and to help Deal Managers build a robust ROI cost model.
· Apply relevant industry & segment guidelines, standards and regulatory trends (whilst ensuring the Commercial team are conversant with them).
· Interact with the stakeholders to ensure the lighting effect meets the customer and regulatory requirements.
· Must be well organised and a have a regimented approach to design.
· Should be experienced, with working on large scale projects, to set deadlines.
· Able to travel to and conduct site meetings with Customer/Contractor to facilitate designs (if required).
· LIA Advanced Certificate, CIBSE or equivalent Bachelor’s degree within lighting design or an associated field.
· Experience of delivering large scale lighting design & controls projects.
· Knowledge of lighting design software, fully conversant with Relux or Dialux & AutoCAD software.
· Actively contribute to and work as part of a close knit technical team.
· Knowledge of industry organizations and understanding of standards influencing industry designs, including international lighting, photometric and product design standards.
· Able to understand/communicate technical/commercial data, to/from customers, contractors and the Commercial team.
· PC literate (MS Word, Excel, Power-point, MSX/ Outlook).
· Experience in providing specialist technical support in lighting/emergency systems, fittings, fixtures and auditing installations.
· Understands building management systems & controls, as well as their integration within the fabric of a building or space, including regional technical standards and building regulations.
· Desire/drive to improve knowledge and skills, especially within Digital.
· Organized, attentive to detail.
· Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers/colleagues.
· Independently able to drive assigned responsibilities and tasks.
· Fluent in English
· Flexible towards travelling.
· UK Resident.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Electrical / wiring experience, would prove advantageous.
· Use of Photoshop, Adobe PRO, SAP, would prove useful.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Current, powered by GE, will meet the unique needs of a wide range of utility, Commercial & Industrial and municipal customers and provide them with Predix enabled hardware and software they need to be more reliable, efficient, and profitable. Current will deliver a combination of financing with GE's physical and digital capabilities across energy efficiency, solar, storage, and onsite power.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!