Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The role of ITO Systems Engineer - Manifolds, connections and distribution systems (MC&DS) is an important role within the business. The primary responsibility of the ITO Systems Engineer - MC&DS Piping is to support the technical contribution for pursuit of new subsea projects. The role will contribute to subsea tenders/feeds/quotes on a global basis as and when required.
The Applications Engineer has the responsibility for reviewing and understanding client technical specifications, selecting suitable designs and producing technical information for cost generation. The Applications Engineer is heavily involved in writing technical data specifications for Manifold and connection systenms for submission within the tenders and quotes. This role will have a focus towards piping engineering, although more broad experience is desirable.
The key responsibilities of the GF&DS Applications Engineer is to support the commercial team in producing a viable commercial offering, understanding and mitigating risk, interfacing with project execution teams and finally acting as a front end technical ambassador for the Subsea ITO organisation.
· Ensure compliance with company and Industry specifications relating to the design and build of subsea equipment.
· Minimise risk to the Health, Safety and Environmental impact as a result of the design, manufacture and operation of equipment
· Take a lead role in the technical execution of Subsea tenders/feeds/quotes, ranging from system level offerings to individual orders.
· Ensure compliance in the execution of the design taking direction from the proposal manager and the ITO Lead System Engineer, ensuring that the Subsea ITO Technical Process is adhered too, design reviews, CTRS, BOM’s
· Review of client technical specifications
· Produce technical write-ups, Equipment Overview Sheets & Product Data Sheets.
· Produce pricing BOM’s
· Review and execute clarifications within tender execution, pre-submittal and post-submittal
· Work with ITO Subsea Designers for input into the execution of drawings for tenders, P&ID’s, general assembly drawings
· Interface with the Manifold and connection systems OTR Product and Projects group for technical support and approvals on design
· Interface with the Manifold and connection systems Product platform for strategy understanding of design
· Communicate with vendors for the supply of third party equipment
· Communicate with peers in the sharing of knowledge
· Proven product and or Engineering design experience
· Proven industry experience
· Some Product Design experience in Manifold and connection systenms’s Engineering
· Product Design experience in Oilfield Drilling and/or Production Equipment.
· Proven track record of achievement in previous roles.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills. Travel where required (nationally and internationally) for technical clarification meetings, presentations to clients
· Ability and willingness to obtain passport and visas for international travel
· Problem solving skills
· Experience with development, set up and executing of Qualification and Reliability Testing
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Successful completion of the EEDP (Edison Engineering Development Program, only for GE)
· Experience managing engineering programs though full life cycle
· Previous experience in FEED/Tendering
· Commercial and contracts experience
· Effective Problem-solving skills
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!