Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
This Intern role will be an integral part of the finance team, working as a key contact with manufacturing supply chain as well as globally with other departments. They will have the opportunity to work with improving their excel skills, understanding how an ERP system interacts and pulls financials together for easier reporting.This role is a great opportunity to get hands on experience and see how things learnt in text books apply to business operations!
· Performing assignments where trust and accuracy are required.
· May be asked to analyze data with excel or various other analysis tools
· Manage identification & communication of financial risks and opportunities
· Special initiatives to align with overall business goals & targets.
· Take part in the monthly/quarterly/year-end closing process including;
· Aging Accounts Receivables
· Collections follow up with GECARS
· Work with GECARS in collection strategic issues
· Invoice reports & sharing
· Supply chain review for inventory accuracy
· JE preparation
· Reporting support
· CM master file calculation
· Ad hoc queries & support to team & management
· Support in preparation of metrics and KPI’s and investigation analysis
· Any other duties / responsibilities to meet and fulfill the needs of the business
· Completed in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or Data Analytics/Science - related degree however we will accept applicants from varying fields or equivalent knowledge or experience
· A strong analytical background
· The ability to work within a team, or under own initiative
· The ability to understand and analyse concepts clearly/effectively with the view to implementing on a detailed level
· Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
· Good eye for process improvement opportunities, appetite for initiation
· Results orientated and ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel
· Excellent English skills, both oral and written
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .