Baglan Bay, Port Talbot. Wales
Power Power Services
Working as part of the O&M team at Baglan Bay Power Station, the EC&I technician will perform maintenance activities on the facility. This will take the form of both proactive (preventative) maintenance and reactive (breakdown) maintenance. The scope will cover all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment on the site. Project work and maintenance outage planning and execution will also be covered as dictated by the site maintenance schedule.
· Reporting to the Electrical Control & Instrument Team Leader.
· Adopt a safety first attitude to including active involvement in the effective implementation and running of all EHS programs.
· Responsible for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment on the facility.
· Provision of a service function to the Operations department in order to maximize availability and reliability and protect the owner’s investment.
· Carrying out hands on breakdown and maintenance activities in accordance with prescribed quality system, procedures and OEM recommendations.
· Supervision of support contractors providing specialised services and labour during peak maintenance periods and ensuring they have been inducted and are fully aware of all site Environmental, Health and Safety legislation, regulations and requirements.
· Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of DCS, PLC’s, I/O devices, primary measuring elements, and control systems.
· Calibration and verification of a variety of devices.
· Populating and utilizing the Computerised Maintenance Management System and recording of all planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
· Maintenance diagnosis and repair of heavy electrical equipment including HV generators, switchgear, AVR’s, transformers, inverters etc.
· Work at all times to maximize availability and reliability of the plant.
· Perform the prescribed duties under the facilities Safe Working Procedures System.
· Provide adequate cover for planned and breakdown maintenance.
· Ownership of both OPEX and CAPEX projects from intial inception through to completion.
· Any other duties within capabilities as directed by the Electrical, Control & Instrument Team Leader.
· Ideally hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
· Hold relevant technical qualifications such an HNC/ NVQ/ C&G/ COMPEX in electrical engineering.
· Experience of DCS Systems, PLC’s, Instrumentation, LV Electrical equipment.
· Will have hands on experience in a medium to heavy industrial environment (preferably the power industry), working in a multi-disciplined team with the ability to operate under their own initiative.
· Will have a good general understanding of Microsoft office tools such as Word and Excel.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience of managing work through a CMMS including ability to create and evaluate Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
· A flexible attitude and approach to working routines as the position will involve out of hours work.
· Experience working with HV Electrical equipment and associated safe systems of work is advantageous.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Baglan Bay, Port Talbot
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.