Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development. Assignments may include but are not limited to: creation & detailed solder work on complex power electronics and controls circuits, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, troubleshooting, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities, travel to customer sites for integration and service activities, and training.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Performs trouble-shooting of power electronics circuits (incl. 3 phase -delta and wye type), electrical control systems, printed circuit board designs, and plumbing or cooling systems. Designs and builds hardware that allows the team to conduct experiments or diagnostic tests and draw data based conclusions.
2. Ability to measure, test, assemble or, repair where limited or no procedure exists.
3. Provides technical leadership by assisting others or in troubleshooting.
4. Assists other engineers through the test development, setup, and data collection process.
5. Constructs and assist in evaluating engineering models.
6. Serves as the practical expert on new product introductions for hardware by providing feedback to ensure new designs can be transferred to manufacturing and service personnel
7. Provides evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation.
8. Designs set of experiments to arrive at root cause analysis for failed hardware.
9. Performs software and hardware evaluations of new technologies (internal and external).
10. Trains other team members on compliance and safety requirements through technical communications and/or presentation
11. Ability to work with little direction in the execution of job-related activities.
12. Leads compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends. Works with other technicians to resolve systemic issues across hardware subsystems
13. May lead, develop, and execute training plans as required.
14. Provides technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers as needed.
15. May travel to customer sites to assist in system level installations, problem resolution and diagnostics as required.
16. Complies with EHS regulations and policies. Proactively identify and address workplace hazards.
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
2. Advanced proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques and previous experience
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and implement corrections to the existing design or process
4. Advanced proficiency to understand and interpret complex technical information.
5. Demonstrated proficiency to utilize and modify computerized work systems
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
8. Demonstrate an ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
9. Ability to communicate using local language
10. Demonstrated desire to continue to learn and recognize fundamental elements of electrical and electronic designs.
11. Demonstrated ability to rework ICs and chip components (resistors and caps)Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
12. Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Design Controls Procedures in order to ensure that specified design requirements are met
5. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology related field
2. 5+ years technical experience
3. Experience designing and/or modifying 3 phase power and high power circuits to requirements.
4. Experience with circuit board rework, integration/build of HLAs, and test of those board or high level assemblies.
5. Excellent teamwork, coordination, and communication skills
6. Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
7. Adaptable and flexible: being open to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
8. Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).