Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
This role of System Engineer is to support execution of the engineering activities related to the System Design and Verification within Disruptive System Technologies Department. The department is actively involved in New Technology Introduction (NTI) and New Product Introduction (NPI) activities which centers on application of novel design and system control methods to HVDC system
· Be actively involved in new developments in HVDC technologies, implementing control and protection solutions and creating / delivering new analysis techniques and system study tools to provide optimized system study solutions.
· Analyse, define and communicate all technical documentation and internal standards related to requirements for systems in order to ensure the required level of technical knowledge within the business unit.
· Propose improvements, prescribe, plan and control the system activities in order to satisfy future customer needs.
· Represent the business in external events by publishing technical papers
· Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
· Apply yourself towards improving your technical knowledge base and keep abreast of relevant methodologies and technological advancement within the Company.
· Master of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge or experience
· PhD degree in related subject is preferred or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Knowledge of AC system and devices found on electrical Grid.
· Understanding of functional characteristics of power system
· Knowledge of system modelling tools like PSCAD, PSS/E, RTDS and MATLAB etc.
· Problem analysis and resolution skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Knowledge of the Line Commutation Converters (LCC) and Voltage Source Converters (VSC) technologies
· Knowledgeable and experienced in the standards and practical application of HVDC aspects
· Experience in analyzing interactions between HVDC systems the AC network
· High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and experienced in creating and presenting technical reports
· Knowledge of IP concepts
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.