The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Self-Service Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting and coaching Self-Service Data users in Alation, Dataiku Data Science Studio, and Spotfire, automating and integrating Self-Service Data tools and processes, and creating new learning material.
The Self-Service Data Engineer will be part of the Self-Service Data team in the Chief Data Officer Organization (CDOO). This team focuses on driving Digital Transformation by enabling teams and individuals across the organization to create and develop their own data products using Self-Service Data, regardless of their level of technical expertise. To do this, Self-Service Data team members consistently strive to reduce technical hurdles, simplify access to data, automate data processes, and act as subject matter experts who coach and consult business partners. Self-Service Data users have a broad range of experience and business objectives, ranging from those who are new to SQL and data lake concepts to those who create predictive models for jet engines using Spark. As a Self-Service Data Engineer you will work across this broad set of users and business cases to drive multiple outcomes and enhance the Digital capabilities of the organization. To meet these responsibilities the Self-Service Data Engineer should have the below competencies:
· Knowledge of Greenplum/Postgres databases
· Knowledge of data lake concepts
· Knowledge of SQL
· Knowledge of Python
· Understanding of data processing on computing resources (ex. PC, single server, data lake)
· Deep experience with data engineering
· Experience with data visualization
· Familiar with Data science concepts
· Proven ability to teach technical concepts to those without a technical background
· Approachable and able/willing to answer questions from users with a wide variety of backgrounds
· Can create new learning material for technical concepts
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM)
· A minimum of one year of experience working on relational SQL databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Evendale, Ohio
· Experience and understanding of Alation
· Experience and understanding of Dataiku Data Science Studio
· Experience and understanding of Spotfire
· Familiarity with JMP
· Knowledge of Hortonworks/Hive databases
· Knowledge of Spark
· Knowledge of data science/statistics
· Knowledge of machine learning concepts
· Knowledge of R
· Knowledge of PL/Python
· Knowledge of PL/R
· Demonstrated experience in the role's technical competencies
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others from many different backgrounds and skill levels
· An interest to grow as a data professional and learn the desired characteristics if not already present
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.