CNC Milling Machinist - Skilled
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
We have an immediate requirement for a Skilled CNC machinist, to deliver high quality parts for delivery against a number of long term aviation contracts. Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales.
· Set and operate CNC machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components
· Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced
· Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision
· TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area
· Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting
· NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or served a recognised apprenticeship in CNC machining or associated trades
· Strong experience in operating CNC machining centres
· Experience with Fanuc and / or Heidenhain controls (Training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls)
· Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3,4 and 5 axis machining centres
· Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
· Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems
· Must be prepared to work various shift patterns and overtime as required
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises
· Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Details of our attractive benefits package:
26 days holiday, plus option to buy holiday
Defined contribution pension – 10% employer contribution
Private Medical Insurance (Single cover)
Income Protection Insurance
Company Sick Pay
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.
2556 vacancies open at General Electric
- Jobs in London
- Engineering / Production Management jobs
- Engineering / Production Management jobs in London